Sunday, January 23, 2011

911

So I got to call 911 for the second time today because I had a lost child! Johnny went to church while I stayed home with a sick one today. When church was over...they didn't come home. Finally I got a call from Johnny asking if Samantha was home with me because he couldn't find her at church. I went outside to see if she was walking home of something but didn't see her. Not long later Johnny came home with the kids, but still no Samantha. He went back to church to look for her again. Meanwhile I started calling the primary presidency to see when she was last seen... I could only get a hold of one of them and she called the teacher for me. Samantha was in class right up to the end of primary. I finally gave in and called 911. Johnny had checked the building and had people look in the bathrooms... no luck. It's a bit hard to talk on the phone when you are just barely holding it together, not knowing where or what has happened to your child... When I got off the phone with 911, police were on their way, I got a call from Johnny saying he had found her. She had been at the church the whole time. We parked somewhere different today and after church she went to the spot we usually parked. Somehow she managed to walk around looking for Daddy just opposite him so they never ran into each other. She was missing for over half an hour!!!! About 40 minutes! Not a fun moment. Glad she is safe.

5 comments:

  1. I browsed to your blog through a common blog. I can't imagine how heart sick you must have felt. Glad you found her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW SCARY!! i know the feeling exactly! vincent did that to me the other week, told me he was going outside to say hi to the neighbors but when i went out 5 minutes later he was no where. i run up one end of the street then onto the other side. no vincent. i thought ok either he's kidnapped or he's at the neighbors (which he's never done before). sure enough. he was at the neighbors. i HATE that desperate feeling. anyways, how are you!! long time no talk! i miss you guys! your baby is soooo cute!! (along with all your kids of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cari! So fun to check in on life with you all. I'm also happy to see this blog filled with lots of joy including your adorable baby!! Looks like you are once again embarking on a new chapter. Hope you're enjoying Cedar. My parents both grew up there so we still have lots of family there. Great place. You'll have to pass along your email so I can invite you to our blog. Best wishes to you all!
    --Carolyn Alvey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy--and it's every mother's nightmare. It's fun stalking you on your blog! Your family is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete